The Evolution of a British Classic
Papillon was brought on board to support the launch of a new British furniture brand. Authentic Furniture, who was fiercely proud of its craftsmanship and focus on quality, approached us to help them gain national recognition and to launch the opening of their first store, located within the quintessentially British Derbyshire countryside.
Initially, time was spent identifying Authentic Furniture’s key messages, which would clearly communicate their unique selling points and ensure the correct messages were promoted.
Building relationships with key media, such as The Sunday Times, Daily Telegraph and popular home-interior magazines was an essential part of the process. National publications receive many requests for product placement and editorial coverage, however it was Papillon’s task to set Authentic Furniture apart from the rest and devise clever strategies to pique their interest.
- Appeared in several national newspapers, including the Sunday Times Style magazine, The Mail on Sunday and The Telegraphs Stella Magazine, through product placement, advice-led features and competitions.
- Product placement of a chair in The Sunday Times resulted in sales of more than £20k of that particular product.
- Total estimated reach for national publications alone was 2.5 million.
- Product placement, features and published interviews also appeared in a number of key home-interior magazines including; House Beautiful, Real Homes, Country Homes & Interiors, and Ideal Home.
- A particular challenge was to appeal to Home Counties press, as a link was required between Authentic Furniture and the readership area. To surmount this, our strategy included area-specific case studies and thought-led pieces, with an emphasis on their online offering. A particularly successful double-page feature appeared in The Oxford Times’ Oxfordshire Limited Edition, reaching over 20,000 readers.
“As a start up we were looking for a PR company that could help us build our brand locally, regionally and nationally to drive sales through all of our channels and it was vital that we chose the right partner. We design, make and retail a range of high end, British made furniture which requires a huge level of trust from our customers as they are making a large investment in a product that will be in their home for many years. Sarah, Katie and the team at Papillon PR understood this instantly and not only bought into our brand philosophy without any compromise, they have been a real driving force. Their input has already resulted in direct sales and they’re very much a part of our own team.”
Tim Lowry Managing Director, Authentic Furniture
Share this Post