Kids Planet Day Nurseries
Kids Planet Day Nurseries is the number one childcare provider for quality in the UK and, with its current number of nursery settings standing at 52 (including 12 Kids Allowed nurseries which were acquired in January 2020), it is also the third largest group in the UK.
The business currently provides quality childcare for 7,000 children and employs 2,000 childcare staff across the settings and a further 65 at head office in Lymm, Warrington.
Whilst the company is largely based in the North West and the Midlands it has plans to extend its quality offering across the UK and overseas in the near future.
We began working with Kids Planet in June 2020 and put in place a communications strategy for the next few months. The nursery group were launching a Summer Stampede campaign to raise vital funds for Chester Zoo. The Zoo has been heavily impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic and Kids Planet pledged to raise over £20,000 through a JustGiving page.
The campaign also raised awareness of the fun, creative and educational activities being undertaken by all nurseries.
Working closely with all nurseries, we set up an internal team task force to liaise with the nursery managers on a weekly basis and discover their activity of the week. We developed an on-going programme of press stories for the regional and trade media titles, covering everything from a ‘welly walk’ to thought leadership opportunities and with an intense four-month media relations sell in we exceeded targets.
In addition, we developed and created a weekly newsletter for staff to see the results and good work being done across the group on a week-by-week basis, including nursery activities, sums raised and creative photography.
We developed a strong working partnership with Chester Zoo and showed our own support by joining the Kids Planet team on a 30-mile sponsored bike ride to help raise additional funds.
- Over 50 pieces of coverage in key regional and trade publications (still more coming in)
- Online readership of 14.5m, shared 1.17k times with 13 back links to the JustGiving page
- Campaign promoted learning, inclusion, giving and community spirit
- Social media posts developed with the Summer Stampede branding
- Demonstrated the merits of a weekly staff newsletter
- Created strong links with stakeholders – particularly journalists, BBC, MP and mayor – hosting visits (in person and virtual)
- Organised a visit with the Mayor of Chester
- Met with Conservative MP Christian Wakeford at Kids Planet Prestwich
- Improved their content – words, images and videos.
Share this Post