Launching Lost Years into the UK market
Lost Years is a Midlands-based rum brand with a fantastic charitable and sustainable purpose. The brand is made up of four delicious Caribbean and Latin American rums devoted to saving endangered sea turtles.
What made this client extremely exciting to work with was the environmental benefits of the product. We were tasked with helping Lost Years with its launch which went live in late 2020.
We began working with Lost Years in September 2020 on a six-month campaign to launch the brand into the media and generate sales. Collectively we established which journalists would receive a complimentary bottle of Lost Years rum in exchange for an honest review to kickstart the campaign. This was a great way to introduce the brand to food and drink journalists so Lost Years could be considered for future features.
It was important to emphasise across all comms online and offline with journalists that every bottle sold of Lost Years rum saves up to ten baby sea turtles across the Caribbean and Latin America. Lost Years also donated a percentage of its sales to SEE Turtles.
As all four rums were launched prior to Christmas, it immediately became the perfect gift idea for a loved one. We were tasked with securing Christmas gift guide features in various publications with one of them being Stylist online (estimated monthly views 2.09m).
- 23 pieces of coverage secured nationally, regionally and across trade publications
- Online readership of 1.29b, estimated online coverage views 1.64m with 16 backlinks to lostyearsum.com
- Created strong links with stakeholders – particularly food and drink journalists and Instagram/celebrity influencers
- Brand awareness amongst journalists, bloggers and consumers
- The sentiment of all coverage achieved was hugely positive and key messages were conveyed clearly and objectively by all media.
“The Papillon team were a joy to work with – always friendly and helpful, with good clear advice and skilful support throughout. We were really pleased with the level of coverage achieved at what was a critically important time for us, during the run up to our very first Christmas. The team worked hard to maximise coverage and squeeze value from every penny invested – and kept us well informed of developments throughout the campaign. ”
Lee Smith Founder of Lost Years Rum
Share this Post